Encouraged by requests from parishioners for a CD of music played on St Paul’s wonderful organ, Jim Green initially compiled two CDs with 46 of his favourite pieces for piano, organ and choir, recorded over 4 decades.
Now he has produce two more CD’s with the help of Rose Fisher and Natalie Williams. The pieces range widely within the realm of “easy listening” – from Bach’s lively Trio Sonata to Sousa’s stirring “Liberty Bell” through Annie’s Song, Elvira Madigan, Downton Abbey and many other modern and classic favourites.
The four CDs provide 90 short pieces lasting nearly five hours!
Jim has donated the cost of materials and licenses, so that the entire proceeds from sales of the CDs will be directed to improving the sound in St Paul’s. The CDs are on sale for a suggested donation of £8. They will be available at church services and events, or can be ordered by email.
The Sound Improvement Project will encompass:
- initial technical studies to determine the optimum solutions
- sound absorption panels on the back wall and roof.
- additional equipment and speakers to distribute the sound more evenly.
- replacing some unreliable audio equipment.
- enlarging and elevating the sound desk.
Details of the CD tracks are shown below: